Please be careful if planning on using Zoostores/Mercantila to order an item online.I have never written a review before but feel I need to in order to help someone else.

I have used Amazon, Wayfair, and Overstock and have never had a bad experience. In fact, I found Zoostores when looking at sofas on Amazon's website because they had a link to the same couch but several hundred dollars cheaper - enough to lure me in to take a look. The website promised the sofa would be delivered in 2-3 days and offered a 10% discount so I ordered and was a pleased customer until I noticed the first red flag that my credit card had been charged immediately. Typically, online stores will not charge your card until the item ships.

The second red flag was that they sent me an email changing the shipping date from 2-3 days from the day I ordered to more than THREE MONTHS from the day I ordered. I promptly looked to find a customer service phone number so I could cancel the order but there was no phone number listed - instead I was directed to a link to write a "receipt" and was promised they would be back with me within one business day. To make a long story short, it took three days to get my order cancelled and still no refund to my card. I began researching the company on google and found hundreds of links to websites with complaints against Zoostores (which is the same company as Mercantila).

There are hundreds of more complaint websites against Mercantila. Several disgruntled customers have created blogsites speaking out against Zoostores/Mercantila. One of them suggested threatening a chargeback on your card, filing a dispute with your credit card and/or paypal, and contacting the BBB. I did all three.

Please beware of this company and do your research before you place an order.I will never use Zoostores/Mercantila again.

Had an Experience with Mercantila?

Comments

Hoping this will be helpful for others wanting their money back.

I was scammed by Mercantila as well. They were withholding the $480 I paid them through PayPal for an order I canceled and an item I never received. I got the runaround over the phone many times...

BUT - I sent an email to several dozen email addresses (after much online research) and threatened to file a complaint with the BBB and the Attorney General of the State of California, file a dispute with PayPal and take any necessary further legal action.

I received an email response within 45 minutes and they refunded my money through PayPal THAT SAME DAY.

Folks, EMAIL "customer-service@mercantila-inc.com" and make the same threats. Someone will respond and you will get your money back!